In 2020 LIVIT Site + Structure was humbled to earn the Minnesota Nursery & Landscape Association’s prestigious award for Excellence in Landscape for our ‘Family Focused Fabulous’ project.
- Attention to detail makes the landscape feel like it’s always been a part of the house.
- The way that this design meets the functional needs of the clients in a way the really connects the architecture and the landscape really make it stand apart.
- Elegant! Wonderful use of materials and organization of spaces. Truly integrated site and architecture.
- At first glance I think this looks like a simple project. That’s because it’s so clean and fits the house so nicely. After studying this though, I can see there’s a very high level of detail in the design and construction. The fact that it looks simple is part of what makes it so good. Every detail and space seems as though it was well thought out.
- A lot of thought was given to details. I am very impressed with the connection to the home. The space looks like it was planned with the house when the home was constructed. I never would have guessed the storage addition wasn’t there to begin with. The updated deck, pergola, patios and plants fit the yard and house nicely. I really appreciate the lighting. That extends the use of the space well into the evening.
- The rooms (zones) on this project are great. All ample in size and all serving a distinct purpose. I like how the flow together but feel separate. I’d love to spend time here!
“We used LIVIT Site & Structure for an extensive backyard makeover, including an addition onto our home. We were not only pleased with Tim’s artistic vision, but his ability to alter his design to fit our family’s needs. What resulted was a beautiful, functional outdoor living space that has already created wonderful family memories.
Communication was thorough and complete. This ensured a smooth design/build process. No detail was overlooked. We highly recommend LIVIT Site & Structure if you are looking to create a unique, comfortable outdoor living space.”
Melissa & Jeff W.
Before and After Project Photos
Pre-Construction: The existing landscaping was comprised of lawn, river rock and the small patio area below the deck. There was limited visual interest to the back of the home as well as entertaining/play area other than the yard.
The clients wished for multiple living areas for entertainment and family function; separate areas that still tied into one another. They asked for outdoor dining, an entertainment area, and firepit/lounging area while keeping the large yard.
Pre-Construction Lower Level Patio
An outdoor dining room was added replete with color concrete, Douglas Fir pergola, newly designed columns, contemporary lighting and custom dining furniture
Pre-Construction Back Elevation and Yard
Emulating and enhancing the main home while building this utilitarian structure was a must. Every aspect of the construction details tie into the existing home architecture.